A gay choir director at a Catholic church in New Jersey has quit his job because he says the priest is making his work environment hostile.
St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church in East Rutherford is where Bob Russell has been the choir director for decades. On Thursday, however, the 55-year-old was taking boxes into the parish to pack up his belongings.
“Felt that I was put into a position that I had to resign my job because of my sexuality,” Russell told CBS 2′s Christine Sloan.
0 CBS New York.
- Hans Küng on the “Putinization of the Catholic Church” (commonwealmagazine.org)
- “Missing, Gone or Disappeared by the Church: Where Are These Priests?” – Father Alberto Cutie (queeringthechurch.com)
- “Celibacy strangling the Catholic Church” – Cathblog (queeringthechurch.com)
- “We, Together, Are the Church”: A Response to Archbishop Nienstedt (queertheology.blogspot.com)
- Today’s Catholic Church (enlightenedcatholicism-colkoch.blogspot.com)